Choosing the right gate motor for your home or business may seem like a daunting task, which is why we’ve put together the following list of pointers to help you make an informed decision:
- Consider how many operations the gate will be required to perform over a 24-hour period. Will the gate motor be used on a domestic gate that is only used a handful of times every day, or will it be installed at a busy complex or office park?
- How heavy is the gate, and how much force is needed to set it in motion?
- Is power a problem in your area? Consider going for a solar solution!
- Do you need the motor to be battery backed-up?
- Is speed important, taking into account that a faster gate motor is more beneficial from a security point of view?
- What added functionality should the gate motor offer? For example, do you need a motor with automatic closing and intruder-detection alarms?
- How many people will use the gate?
- Should the operator be compatible with complementary solutions such as GSM devices and card readers?